Atkinson Historical Society Objective
-To collect, acquire, secure, preserve and display records and materials pertaining to Atkinson's history at the Kimbal Museum in the Parson Peabody House.
-To restore, replace and preserve by any method necessary, on site or by moving, historical objects of any kind, such as monuments, buildings, gravestones, etc.
-To maintain guardianship over whatever presents itself under the term "Atkinson New Hampshire History".
What does the Organization Do?
- Collect and archive various articles pertaining to the town of Atkinson.
- Likely the largest scrapbook collection in Atkinson
- Research issues presented by the public.
- Can include details on Atkinson historic homes or meeting with out of town visitors.
- Catalogue Museum Collection
- The Atkinson Kimball House Museum has large amount of existing items and incoming items that need to be digitized and logged.
- Host Local Organizations
- The Atkinson Historical Society has hosted Cub Scout dens, Brownie Troops, Girl Scout Troops, classes from the Atkinson Academy and, the Atkinson Women's Civic Club.
- Maintain Kimball House Museum
- The Atknson Historical Society has regularly contributed to the Town of Atkinson to assist with interior and exterior maintenance of the Kimball House Museum.
- Restore, Replace and Preserve
- Suggest repairs to the selectman to preserve the current Kimball House Museum